Posted: Aug 24, 2021
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Leading up to the start of the 2021 season on Sept. 4 at Dixie State, Hornetsports.com will have a break down of each position group. Single-game and season tickets are available for online purchase HERE.
- The top two returning tacklers on the team belong to the linebacking unit. The group is guided by Marcus Hawkins who had a team high 81 stops in 13 games, including 9.5 tackles-for-loss and five sacks. Hawkins also had a interception, broke up three passes and forced a fumble during the year which earned him second team all-Big Sky honors. Hawkins had 10 tackles against Fresno State, Eastern Washington and UC Davis for his season high and had at least seven tackles in eight games.
- Jeremy Harris ranked third on the team in 2019 with 64 tackles. Harris took over the starting job midway through the season and was credited with 5.5 TFLs and 2.5 sacks. The sophomore posted 10 stops against Northern Colorado and had nine against Austin Peay in the FCS playoffs.
- Armon Bailey returns after recording 23 total tackles in the first nine games of the year before having his season cut short due to injury. Bailey owns 37 career stops in his two previous seasons.
- Tali Finefeuiaki appeared in 11 games in 2019 where he totaled 11 tackles. He set his season high in the win over UC Davis where he had three stops. The junior was also a vital member on special teams.
- Dylan Jorge and Kurt Landers, Jr., both redshirted in 2019. Jorge prepped at Folsom HS and saw action for the Hornets in the FCS playoff game against Austin Peay where he had a tackle. Landers graduated from Saint Mary's College HS where he was an all-league selection.
- A pair of transfers will add some experience to the unit. Taylor Powell is a Big Sky veteran who played at Northern Arizona. The senior had 61 tackles in 2017 which ranked third on the team. He was also an honorable mention all-Big Sky selection as a special teams player as a freshman. Powell was reunited with defensive coordinator Andy Thompson who held the same role at NAU for his first three years.
- Justin Houlihan came to the Hornets from American River JC where he was coached by former Hornet All-American Jon Osterhout. Houlihan had 72 tackles with 5.5 for loss in his time with the Beavers.
Mitchell Wolfe signed with the program in 2020 and participated in spring practice with the team. The Washington state native was a three-star recruit at Sumner HS.
- Oge Feo is a true freshman who prepped at Bethel HS in Spanaway, Wash. Feo had 96 tackles, including 11 for loss, in just nine games as a junior. He did not play in the 2020-21 academic year.
|30||Armon Bailey||LB||6-1||227||Jr.||Vallejo, Calif./Vanden HS|
|57||Zach Corbitt||LB||6-2||225||Fr.||Folsom, Calif./Vista Del Lago HS|
|50||Oge Feo||LB||6-1||230||Fr.||Waianae, Hawaii/Bethel HS|
|54||Tali Finefeuiaki||LB||6-0||229||Jr.||Sunnyvale, Calif./Wilcox HS|
|39||Jeremy Harris||LB||6-0||215||So.||Simi Valley, Calif./Moorpark HS|
|5||Marcus Hawkins||LB||5-11||227||Sr.||Fresno, Calif./Fresno City JC|
|53||Justin Houlihan||LB||6-0||219||So.||Grass Valley, Calif./American River JC|
|48||Dylan Jorge||LB||6-0||223||Fr.||Folsom, Calif./Folsom HS|
|49||Kurt Landers, Jr.||LB||5-10||215||Fr.||Oakland, Calif./Saint Mary's HS|
|4||Taylor Powell||LB||6-1||243||Sr.||Tucson, Ariz./Northern Arizona|
|58||Mitchell Wolfe||LB||6-3||222||Fr.||Sumner, Wash./Sumner HS|